Monday, August 27, 2007

Why I Love Adrian Monk



Hard to believe but Monk is in it's sixth season! Thanks to the wonders of my blog I found out I first watched the show on April 12th 2003, whilst on a date in Petersfield... (me? Obsessed with dates?) and ever since then I've loved every second of the show.

Here's what happened... Monk has grown throughout the course of the series into a well rounded character, he certainly isn't just a nutty detective. Natalie has grown from annoying but somehow boring into a funny side kick, every bit as petulant as Monk when she doesn't get her way. Stottlemeyer and Disher are both comic relief, armed back up and emotional supports (ok... maybe that's just Stottlemeyer). The thing is you actually care what happens to these people. When Stottlemeyer gets his heart broken you just want to shout at the screen. When Monk talks about his dead wife Trudy you can almost feel the emotion.

Brilliant acting all round and some hilarious stories.

I could be wrong now. But I don't think so.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:26 am

    not wrong at all! I love (love!) Monk, but I have never managed to figure out the bizarre scheduling system they seem to have for the show. I know I've missed waaay too many episodes.

    ReplyDelete