Friday, August 31, 2007

Wing Night Swansong

Last night Sam America arrived back in the country from her 2 month European odyssey so Jo, Bonnie, the two new American temps and myself heading out to wing night to see her for one last time before she headed home to Denver.

The American sports cafe was the same as always although it was a little sad without Meredith, who has already gone home to North Carolina. Natasha turned up and it was much better to see her than I had imagined... I really have missed her since she left in February. We had a good chat and then her husband (HUSBAND!) arrived with a surprise birthday gift for her... a Pomeranian puppy!!!!! It was just gorgeous and although both her husband, Blake, and I tried to persuade her out of it she has named it Mimi (she originally wanted Mini Me.... Jesus Christ...).

After that I headed home (after drinking 5 bottles and a pint of beer in an hour and a half... oh and lusting over the two American temps... Americans are so my weakness).



Today work was ok, although my card didn't work at lunch time so I went hungry (bloody bank had cancelled it, and on payday as well! Tis alright now though, all fixed!). Had work drinks, got home, got some money and Jim and I went down the local to get nicely pissed.

Honestly... I'm not an alcoholic. Yet.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:33 pm

    'heart' jay! love and miss ya too!! and shame on you.. mi- me is (short for 'mini- me') is a perfectly acceptable name!! LOL xxx She is SO cute.. although the poohing, weeing, barking, jumping, chewing.. and the list goes on... stuff is.. tiresome? hope to see you round my bday! xxx tasha!!

    ReplyDelete